what is best sds drill and masonary bits for under a ton?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please advise :D I need a strong drill and really strong bits, the last bits melted and mangled and the drill broke (walls are reaaly hard)

Sponsored Links
Best SDS drills on the market are Hilti & Dewalt. Hilti is out of you r price bracket, so go for a dewalt, you should get one for around the ton mark. If you can out work that, without of course trying to take walls down with it, you will be really going some.

hey, someone has got to buy it, where do you get yours toys R us?

Sponsored Links
makita and bosch over dewa*k some quite cheap corded sds from makita

I gave my Bosch SDS drill hell for 5 years till the SDS part stopped working.
I bought another Bosch as its replacement.....enough said :)
They are for sale under £100 these days

bosch blue. indestructable. ;)

1%5C68975.jpg

Try Hilti sds drills on ebay, will pick a second hand one up for £70
I have 2 second hand ones for sale 110V, but its against forum rules to sell one to you!!!

Bosch S4 ftw.

I personally have always found Dewalt to be cack... Bosch and Hitachi Drills all the way for me... (Although I'm currently using a pair of Bosch greens (diy) as my van was broke into a few years back and I brought them as a stopgap...they are both nearing the end of their life now (clutch is just getting weaker and weaker) but for the money I really can't complain)

To throw another one into the debate: my Black & Decker SDS has taken a battering (pretty hefty diy jobs) and has come through smiling.

I know B&D have a crappy rep here but, for the money, I can't fault it. Got it from Argos for £60. Comes with a decent (IMO) bunch of SDS chisels/bits and a wee pot of grease that tastes just yummy! :D

Hopefully, one day, I can afford real tools but until then ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back