Zanussi Dishwasher overfilling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intermitent problem with my dishwasher over filling with water. Instead of an inch of water it just keeps filling up until it leaks out the front. If I put it back to the start of the cycle it will empty out. If I switch it to an alternative cycle, and then it will work again for a while. When it does it again I switch back to the other cycle for a bit. What could cause A. the overfilling, and B. the problem to be intermitent. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Partial blockage, some debris moving around causing a blockage, faulty pressure tube or a faulty pressure switch.

Machine stopped mid cycle last night, timer knob stopped turning, when I advanced it slightly it made wirring noises, but did not turn. Could this be the source of the problem?

Sponsored Links
Nope. This is another problem. Depends on where it stops, could be lack of heat, could be faulty programmer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back