ELECTRIC SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY TRITON 80 9.5W ELECTRIC SHOWER IS WIRED STRIGHT FROM THE MAIN FUSE BOX 40 AMP .STRIGHT INTO TRITON SHOWER IN BATHROOM IN PLASTIC TRUNKING,NO SWITCH OR SAFTY CUTOUTS ECT ,SHOULD I CHANGE THE WAY IT HAS BEEN INSTALLED,OR LEAVE IT ALONE,I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT FOR PIECE OF MIND,SO WHAT IS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST WAY ,AT PRESENT THE FUSES ARE 30AMP IN FUSEBOX,PLEASE MAKE ANY HELPFUL COMMENTS EASY TO UNDERSTAND IE STEP BY STEP FROM FUSEBOX TO SHOWER UNIT CHEERS

Sponsored Links
stop SHOUTING

Do you know what size cable was used?

You say it goes "straight from the main fuse box 40amp"

Then you say "at present the fuses are 30amp in fusebox"

1. I hope they aren't ALL 30 amp,
2. What size fuse really feeds this shower?
3. What colour and make is the fuse box? Can you post a picture?

Sponsored Links
9.5kW @ 230V is 41.3A.

Chances are your circuit is wired in 6mm². This is only rated to 38A where trunking is installed.

Sounds like the supply is not up to the job. You also need RCD protection (to comply with manufacturer's instructions) and a local isolator (to comply with 7671). Send in some pictures. We can't advise further without them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back