cant get valve to operate HW without heating?? siemens valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!

I have a siemens 3 port mid position valve installed in my system. I have an RWB9 timeclock. Its never worked properly since the day i moved in. It appears that when the system calls for heating the radiators always get hot. this is causing me a nightmare.

I would benefit from checking the wiring, but cant seem to find colour codes and terminal numbers etc online. can someone advise please. I have read another post on here about a similar problem but they guy was advised to check wiring and there is no further posts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm under the impression that most 3 port mid position valves use the same colour codes.
EG white, grey, orange, blue, & green.
'green' is earth as normal
'blue' is neutral as normal
'orange' is a output from valve to ignite and run boiler in CH position only, there is an output from cylinder stat to do same task when HW is demanded so these two wires will join together.
'white' receives power from room stat to move valve over first half of range where it is cut off
'grey' receives power from the satisfied terminal of the cylinder stat or from the programmer HW OFF switch( this is to pick up from where the white left off and move valve to CH only position) again these two wires will be joined
Not sure what your problem is? radiators should get hot when heating is called for.
If they don't cut off then room stat suspect
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

many thanks, the heating side works fine, rads cut off when room stat reaches temp etc. the problem is that they get hot when HW comes on even if room stat is set to minimum.

Sponsored Links
It does suggest valve can't return to HW only position.
There should be a lever on the side that can be latched to hold the valve at mid point when filling the system. Is it possible this lever is still in the latched position and stopping it from returning.
Also the valve spindle may be stiffish. Can the actuator head be removed to test the spindle and if you operate the actuator while off the spindle you should be able to see if it responds as you try various selections.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a similar problem - & the spindle looks solid.

Any advice to loosening it up? The actuator head is making a clacking sound so probably slipping.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back