soffit and facia slight problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
last weekend had a go at fitting soffits and facia with paps.everything went pretty well as such.it was a total replacement with hollow soffit and facia.the old wooden facia took a bit of getting of what with all the nails!!.we just said to ourselves to take our time.
the new facia board went on fairly well as did the soffit boards and guttering but the main problem now as we look at it is that its about 2 inch short of being flush with the end brickwork and in my opinion doesnt look right.paps says leave it,its deterring the birds from nesting which is one of the reasons why we replaced them but was wondering if it could be made right with some more of the plastic board we used to make the end caps in the first place as there is some spare or is there another way around this folks ? would any of you lot leave this alone?nobody really looks at your s and f and thinks thats not right??? or what maybe?? hope i have made sense

Sponsored Links
You are rambling a bit and it's hard to visualise what you mean. Can you post a picture at all?
A 2 inch gap at one end you could probably live with, but a 2 inch gap all the way along is a bit much. In any case it is big enough for large insects to get in and you don't really want wasps in your roofspace, At least get some insect mesh and cover it. Are there any vents installed in the new s&f apart from this big gap?

Sponsored Links
eyup folks will post some pics later today. sorry i dont think ive made my self very clear.thereis no gaps .its the end cap thats not flush with the brickwork
:rolleyes: :confused: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back