Indesit 1063W water returning to machine!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine is not draining properly.. it drains into my sink almost filling it up and then when you switch the machine off the sink water then empties into the machine again!!..I have checked all the pipes and ubend and there is nothing blocking them!! please help :confused: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Keep the end of the pipe out of the water, it is syphoning back into the machine as the level falls in the vertical pipe.

neither answer given is quite right (sorry)

1) your waste is connected via a spiggot under the sink, this is never a good idea, a stand pipe is better

2) Your waste pipe has no vertical loop at the top

you should put a loop in the waste pipe that comes to the hight of the sink, this stops water from running from the sink into the washer, since it will go down the sink waste as it is supposed to.

although cleaning the sink waste will help as the water is not getting away fast enough

Sponsored Links
sorry I read it that the hose was slung over the sink with the drain hose crook or hook.(not plumbed in) :oops:

Thanks for all your help i ended up being the outside pipe blocked but i used this sooper dooper sink unblocker gun thing and it cleared xx

Now the bl**dy machine is making a horrible grinding noise when it spins but stops for a bit when it gets really fast!!..
think its time for a new machine lol. :oops: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back