Fitting Single Oven against gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Probably another daft question from me but....

I'm fitting an Ikea kitchen in and have a gas hob and electric single oven. The gas pipe for the hob though sticks out 80-100 mm from the wall and most ovens have a depth of 545- 557mm to fit a 600mm cabinet, so the oven will stick out.

How are these usually fitted?

Should I get the gas pipe shortened so it's under the cabinet?

Any advice appriciated!

Alan

Sponsored Links
I assume you are talking about a built under oven. If you cant bring all the units forward & have a new worktop. What about having the gas pipe moved ie cut back & angled from behind the oven, so its to the side.

Have a look at the back of the oven as theses can be smaller than the front so it may go in with out moving the pipe

Thanks for the replys.

I haven't bought an oven yet so I'll try and get the smallest one possible.

There must be loads of kitchens out there with electric build under ovens with a gas hob on top and wondered where the gas pipe usually sits for these things?

Sponsored Links
modmonkey said:
Thanks for the replys.

I haven't bought an oven yet so I'll try and get the smallest one possible.

There must be loads of kitchens out there with electric build under ovens with a gas hob on top and wondered where the gas pipe usually sits for these things?

Well usually I would keep it tight to the wall and then bend it near the top where it turns towards the hob,usually a bit tight but with a bit of measuring and jostling you can get it-you could even reduce down to 10mm copper for the last few inches if it makes it easier. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back