Leaking washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my washing machine moved into a recently built utility area, however ever time the washing machine is emptied I end up with water all over the floor. The hose from the back of the machine is slotted into a down pipe which leads into a U bend & then horizontal pipes that run behind some kitchen units. The plumber has had a look and says there is no blockage so can't understand why the water comes back up the down pipe. Does anyone have a clue?

Sponsored Links
yes, its blocked.

just becuase you cant see it doesnt mean its not there.

take the pipes apart and look.

when i worked for hp same thing, i took the pipe off held it to the light (telescope fashion) gave it to the bloke and walked off (for all to see was a blockage

I've asked the plumber re this & he says he has checked the pipes and there is nothing blocking them. Unfortunately I can't do it as can't get behind the units, but he says has done a blockage test? which is fine.

have you tried to empty the machine.on the front bottom right there is a small door,push to open and undo the knob in there.put down some towels and containers,eg,baking trays ,to collect the water.Quite a lot will come out and it may smell quite bad,it is just a build up of undrained water, I have to bleed mine like this weekly but other than that it is fine. good luck!

Sponsored Links
emmaj said:
have you tried to empty the machine.on the front bottom right there is a small door,push to open and undo the knob in there.put down some towels and containers,eg,baking trays ,to collect the water.Quite a lot will come out and it may smell quite bad,it is just a build up of undrained water, I have to bleed mine like this weekly but other than that it is fine. good luck!

not if its a hotpoint it hasn't, besides, they have probably fixed it by now, only asked 5 months ago :LOL:

Doesn't matter where the filters are, the problem isn't with the machine, it's with the plumbing. Despite what the plumber says there is a restriction which isn't allowing the water to drain quick enough.
Either get another plumber who is willing to do the job properly or ask your existing one to explain why your plumbing can't handle the water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back