Extractor fan - HELP Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased a new build house (2003 ish) and the bathroom extractor fan has never worked. I\\\'ve checked the wiring and it all seems fine and now I\\\'m stuck for what else to try....has anyone got any suggestions for what else could be causnig the problem? Any help would be appreciated.....

Sponsored Links
If you have checked the wiring and there is voltage at the extractor terminals but the extractor does not work, buy a new extractor.

If there is no voltage there, look for an isolating switch (likely to be fairly high up, might be on the bathroom wall or over the door). It is most likely to be fed from the bathroom lighting circuit and to come on with the bathroom light.

If you have not already got one, buy a multimeter for £10 or less in the high street.

The motor's knackered :LOL: You need to check the resistance of the motor. You say you've checked the wiring what do you mean :?:

When I said I checked the wiring I meant I followed the projects guide on this website to check all the wires were in the right places and there were no loose connections. Cheers for the advice guys, I will pick up a multimeter at the weekend.

How do I check the resistance of the motor????? (Sorry but I'm no expert when it comes to electrics! - in case you hadn't guessed!!!)

Sponsored Links
read the instructins

but if its a new build is it not under any g'tee?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back