Hotpoint DWF30 stuck on drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Need help. My dwf30 is stuck on drain out and will not do anything else. I can fill water into it and always pumps it out so I assume pump and lines are ok. When machine was working ok - it always started off it cycle with a pump out for ~10 secs and then proceeded to load water, now its stuck on pump out permanently. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Anti flood device has been activated. It's either overfoamed or it's leaking.
Take the right hand panel off, drain the water out from the plastic base and try the machine again.

Sleepyhead said:
Take the right hand panel off, drain the water out from the plastic base and try the machine again.

Thanks a million mate!, fixed now thanks to you.
self proclaimed repair man inpected it today and said controler board gone!, said cheaper to get new machine.

she's working fine now - thanks to you!.
:D

Perfect advice thanks - signed up just to add some google hints for anyone else with the same problem.

Had a few power issues with sockets for washing machine and dish washer, both stopped mid-cycle.

Reset Hotpoint Aquarius DWF 30 using end program two button cycle. Then restarted. Stayed on end program for way too long.

Many power cycles etc later and still sounded like it was just trying to drain out water - no water in machine. Added a few jugs worth, still stuck.

Took advice above, removed right hand side, drained out water in the base, bit worrying, all those cables and waste water in the base, anyway, drained out and restarted, end program finished and now working fine.

Google keywords below :

DWF 30 Hotpoint stuck draining water never ending

Sponsored Links
you really need to find out where the water got into the base from. If it has a leak (likely) you could end up with motor getting shorted out and a totalled machine.

After finding this thread, we checked out if our DWF 30 had water in the bottom of it at the right hand side and lo and behold it did!! It was stuck mid programme making the same sound continuously. So we tipped it up emptying all the water and then reset it and its now working!!!!

Thank you.

I would check around the circulation pump motor and see if you can see any rust marks on the front of the motor or a slight water drip. The pump shaft seal may have started to leak.

Water does not just appear in the base it is normally a sign of a leak so it is best to check out before any further damage is done.

I have the same problem as the original poster, however I'm not sure what the right hand panel is, can anyone help?! ( I don't wanna have to hand wash all my dishes!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back