Removing built under cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a built under electric double oven, 70cm high.

It does not stand on the floor but seems to be pearched on a bracket about 15cm of the floor. It's between two cabinet ends and does not have it's own cabinet.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's holding it in place. I'm trying to pull it out but can't move it.

Does anyone have any ideas how this cooker will be secured?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
But were will the screws be, how do I access them? I just can't see any way it's held in place. Other than removing the workktop, I can't get at it.

Are you sure there are no legs down to the floor.

If you still have the instruction book the installation guide may be there.

It may be screwed at the front upwards into the underside of the work surface. Open the oven door and look at the top of the door frame.

Sometime the whole front has to be removed to uncover the fixings.

Also look for screws in the adjacent cabinets that go in the direction of the oven.

And also it is possible that over the years the build up of grime between the walls of the adjacent cabinets and the sides of the oven may have "glued" into place.

If it is on a bracket then there will almost certainly be screws between bracket and oven, use a torch and a mirror to look at the under side of the bracket.. You may then need a short screw driver or allen key to get them turning

Sponsored Links
Ah, that was it. There were two screws goping through the top into the worktop.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back