Saunier Duval Xeon 60FF boiler won't run. Fan Hunting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler won't fire up, the flue fan just keeps stopping & starting. Followed Faulting guide & swapped Air pressure switch & control board, checked all piping, also swapped fan but no change. Any idea's? Also what is the Air pressure switch actually "looking" for? Positive pressure down the red pipe, vacuum up the clear? If I disconnect both pipes to the switch the fan will run constantly but the boiler still doesn't fire up.

Sponsored Links
Have you connected aps pipes the correct way around? Try switching them to eliminate this.

Jboy said:
The boiler won't fire up, the flue fan just keeps stopping & starting. Followed Faulting guide & swapped Air pressure switch & control board, checked all piping, also swapped fan but no change. Any idea's? Also what is the Air pressure switch actually "looking" for? Positive pressure down the red pipe, vacuum up the clear? If I disconnect both pipes to the switch the fan will run constantly but the boiler still doesn't fire up.

Does this boiler have a pilot or a flame rectification?

Sponsored Links
Yup, it's my own boiler- worst luck. Pipes checked both have no leaks & red pipe confirmed goes from H on APS to near the output on the fan. If I swap them around on the APS the fan runs continuous but still no led3 or boiler firing up. Huge blast of air out the flue, no change of I block flue with my hand. Should I be able to start the boiler firing if I gently blow down the red pipe?

Whats flame retrification? It has a pilot which automatically fires up normally.

Jboy said:
Yup, it's my own boiler- worst luck. Pipes checked both have no leaks & red pipe confirmed goes from H on APS to near the output on the fan. If I swap them around on the APS the fan runs continuous but still no led3 or boiler firing up. Huge blast of air out the flue, no change of I block flue with my hand. Should I be able to start the boiler firing if I gently blow down the red pipe?

If it worked like this then it would prove fan/aps/pipe fault

That could be your problem. no pilot no rectification no boiler!

As nortimax says. If no pilot and burner lighting then fan will keep stopping and starting each time the boiler tries to light. probably do this about 3-5 times then lock out. Is this what you are getting?

If it worked like this then it would prove fan/aps/pipe fault[/quote]
Sorry I don't understand, it must be the cold! The PCB has 4 neons, only 1 & 2 are lighting. The faulting guide indicates an air flowing fault. If neon 3 was lit it suggestes ignition, pilot or flame problem. I've just checked the old APS & it seems to switch ok when I blow down the H connector. (Should have checked it before rather than take the guides word it was the fault!)

You might have spent a lot of money for a blocked pilot injector. Rectification is (believe it or not) when you put an AC current to a flame. The flame carries the current changes it to DC and is picked up by the flame sensor. Simple and effective flame failure device.

Thought you said you had replaced the pressure switch sorry.

fan cycling is usually the pcb, as soon as it recieves the N/O from the APS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back