Installing New Kitchen Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just joined here, I had found a topic but can't find it anymore.
So here I go. I have just purchased a new mixer tap and would like to know the correct or best way to install it.
I have the little O ring that fits at the base of the mixer, but there is also this round plastic washer like thing with the exact diameter as the base of the mixer including the cutout for the flxible hoses and the bras cylindrical fastener plus the bras fixing plate for the under sink.
I don't know where the plastic washer like thing goes on top or bottom of the mixer.
thank you in advance
hermie

Sponsored Links
If the O ring is one of those that fits into a rebate in the base of the mixer tap body, and seals it against the worktop, then the washer goes underneath between the horseshoe and the underside of the worktop. Probably.

Hi, yes the Rubber Ring does fit into the rebate at the base of the Mixer.
I was reading a post here before I registered but I can not find that post anymore where a Member sugested to place the nut against the plastic washer, I would have thought that this would damage the plastic.
unfortunateley the Mixer had no Assembly Instructions with it.
hermie

I understand. Is the plastic washer rigid, or slightly squidgy?

The norm is for a rubber washer (also horseshoe type) to go between the brass/steel horseshoe and the underside, but it's sounding as though you don't have one of those.

The advantage of a rubber one is that you can make the nut tight and still have some 'give' to make it less likely that the nut will work loose.

It's not unknown for parts to be missing, or extra (like your plastic washer might be), so if there's any way for you confirm the pack contents with your supplier then I would do that.

BTW - are you really down under?

Sponsored Links
Thanks loftus, and yes it is a very soft rubbery like whitish sqidgy as you call it. So I say than that it is what you think.
Are we really downunder well that depends on how you look at the Map I think we are on top. :rolleyes: :idea:

:oops: I am very sorry, about calling you "loftus" instead of softus I guess I had along day.
So would you say than that this washer goes between the brass horseshoe and the underside, installing this will then be my entertainment over Easter.
Well thanks again.
cheers and good health
hermie .

hermie said:
:oops: I am very sorry, about calling you "loftus" instead of softus I guess I had along day.
No worries cobber. ;)

So would you say than that this washer goes between the brass horseshoe and the underside
Yes.

Good health to you too. :D

kevplumb said:
divvent worry aboot it marra iv'e called im wosse :LOL: :LOL: ;)
Yeah and the horse I rode in on still hasn't recovered from the humiliation. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back