Hanging Ledge & Brace Doors + Hinge Fronts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As topic suggests, I have ledge and brace doors to hang...

Looking at the planked face of the door, some of them open towards you, and some away. For the sake of them all looking the same, I want to put the matching dummy 'hinge fronts' on the face of the doors which open 'away' (and vice versa).

But I'm having hell of a time finding working hinges with matching dummy hinge fronts. (At a good price of course)

Anyone got any leads?

I need 400mm/18" ish and 300mm/12" ish.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing a trick in hanging these with tee hinges, otherwise I'd be finding what I'm after surely??

How do you normally tackle this problem?

Sponsored Links
you just grind [file or cut] the pin out enlargen the gap between the fingers slightly for clearence shut the door and fit the hinges

and of course i am assuming the doors are inward opening for security!!!!

Thanks for the reply. (Sorry I don't know what you mean by 'fingers')

They are internal doors, so security isn't an issue.

As I said in my post, some open inwards, some open outwards, hence I'm having this problem.

Sponsored Links
where the two halves of the hinge touch you need to slightly open the gap otherwise as the door moves with contraction and expansion the two halves won't line up

forgot to mention if the side of the door your fitting your dummy hinges to is onto a door stop just cut the hinge short of the knucle [bendy bit]and recess the end of the cut hinge 5mm into the door stop to stop a gap showing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back