worcester bosch 240 - reset problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping that someone may be able to help. I have a WBosch 240 combi, the boiler has had to have new diverter valve diaghram and sleeve coupling, but that is all in 11 years. It has just developed a fault where the reset button has to be pressed at least once per day. Has anyone any ideas what could be wrong, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cliff

Sponsored Links
Could be overheating and over heat popping out due to heat exchanger sacled up. When does it pop out? DHW mode or cH or both?

Can also be the temperature sensor failed.

Check the resistance when cold.

Tony

hi, thanks for the responses, but in addition to the reset button, there also seems to be a problem, when the hot tap is turned on, the water does not get hot, but the CH outlet pipe gets hot even though the CH is turned off.
thanks

Sponsored Links
This is the diverter valve stuck in the ch mode. new diverter valve needed and possibly a new diaphragm whilst all to bits ;)

the diverter does indeed sound stuck, but the overheating problem is possibly a blockage in the union directly above the pump.

all 240's ive come across get this problem eventually and the timescale is purely down to water quality. seeing as your diverter sounds stuck as well its a good chance your water quality is poor.

Thanks to all for your help. So it looks like I will have to replace the diverter valve. I have only just replaced the diaphragm about 3 months ago, so hopefully this will be ok to transfer to the new one.

Change the diverter valve,,, clean all the pipes, you will prob find one or two of them are clogged with thick black sludge .

Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back