Problem with Mira Zest Shower!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with my shower (mira Zest) - getting a bit sick of baths!!! Any help appreciated...

Right - the cord in the bathroom, when pulled goes ON (indicated by red LED on the box).

I turn the shower on, to low (cold water) and cold water comes out fine. The LED on the pull-cord box remains ON.

If I switch the shower to Medium or High, no hot water, and the LED goes OFF!

I've checked the inegrity of the wiring and it all seems fine - tight and uncorroded.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

--
Rich

Sponsored Links
Assuming the MCB in the consumer unit is not tripping and the LED that goes out in in the switch then you have a high resistance joint between the incoming supply and the neon in the switch.

The neon will light with the very small amout of current that can get through a high resistance joint. But when the shower heater is turned on the element takes all the current that can get through the high reistance joint leaving nothing to light the neon.

The high resistance joint could be anywhere from the screws of the MCB in the consumer unit to the contacts in the switch.

It could be a hidden junction box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back