ink from pants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Flying on a plane and half asleep--ink pen explodes at tip and ink all over the place, including a brand new pair of micro-fiber pants--not much there but a nice little spot. What is he best way to remove this safely? FYI--the flight attendant told me some ink pens are more prone to leaking at high altitudes than others--wish I would have known that before the plane took off!

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that this info is probably too late for you, but here are some suggestions. 1. Spray aerosol hairspray on white cloth, dab ink stain with cloth, and blot with dry towel. 2. Put Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol on white cloth, dab ink stain, and blot with dry towel. 3. Do the same, with Nail Polish Remover or Acetone. 4. Do the same with Spirits of Turpentine. 5. Do the same with Afta or Carbona. Try #1 first, if ink is removed, then wash. If #1 doesn't work, then try #2, etc. on down the line. Not all inks are the same, and they may react to different solvents.

was it a ballpoint? Fibretip? Rollerball? Fountain pen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back