Mira Sprint Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mira sprint shower stopped providing hot water yesterday after I put temp up really high...i think i might have tripped a heat limit on it?? Its only just over year old so i would hope not water heater. Can anyone advise what I need to test or how to be sure what wrong?

Thanks James

Sponsored Links
Any sign of power to the unit or pull cord? If not check to see if the fuse has blown, or tripped on the consumer unit. Providing there was a decent flow of water i can't see the shower overheating under normal operating conditions i think there's a light on those for overheat isn't there? Is this on?

HTH Sam

Thanks! there is power as it turns on fine...

It has constant cold water flowing now...but i needed very hot water so turned it right up...the flow did slow down.....then i turned it back to normal...

I dont think a light has come on anywhere :(

Can you switch it off at the main and back on again? The flow would drop when turned up higher as this is how the water comes out hotter. AFAIK the element temp does not adjust in any way, just water is throttled down so it takes longer to pass through the heating element, therefore getting hotter. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone.

Do you have any way of testing if there is power to the element?

Sorry i can't be any more help, Sam

Sponsored Links
Ive turned it off at main and back on....

every seems fine but the water dont heat up... :(

Im not very good at these things, how i check power to element?

Hi,

Well it would mean testing for power across the terminal's of the element but with the casing off and the water running, so if you don't feel comfortable with these thing's i strongly recommend you get someone who does in to do this, as water and electric... you get my point! :eek:

Is it still under warranty with mira?

Was hoping to avoid getting someone in...prob cost more tha buying a new one!! but ur right, i wudnt have a scooby what im doing!!

Turning up to maximum will stress two components that might have been waiting to fail, these being the heater can and the overheat cut-out. It's also possible the flow control valve has stopped working, but I'd expect fast tepid water if that were the case.

You don't have to do any live testing! :eek:

Isolate the unit electrically, then test the resistance of the elements. I don't know what they should be, but it's not hard to work it out from the power rating. Also test the cut-out switch, which should be showing continuity.

7.7 ohms approx for a 7.5Kw shower down to about 5.5 ohms for a 10.5Kw (for 240V rated );)

So somewhere proportionally in between if your shower falls somewhere between these two power ratings

This one, as with most electric p*ss pots, has two elements ricicle, so you need to roughly double those figures for each one. ;)

Hi, I am having the same problems ie. no hot water, just cold. There is power going to the unit as the power indicator is glowing orange. Looking at the above posts, I have checked for resistance of the Thermal Switch (416.41) and it isn't showing any reading on my multimeter. Does this imply that this part needs changing?

Could you please tell me which part on the picture is the cut out switch?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back