Small amount of water be left in conditioner tray at end ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have now got my conditioner going away after unblocking gunked up holes, but should a small amount of water be left in there at the end of cycle. It seems there is no where for it to drain through.

Is that normal

PS - I inheritated this machine so wasn't sure if it is the norm

Thanks

Sponsored Links
that will be because the syphon is blocked,

most conditioner compartments have a syphon of some sort, you need to clean this too (pipe sitting over a pipe)

breezer said:
that will be because the syphon is blocked,

most conditioner compartments have a syphon of some sort, you need to clean this too (pipe sitting over a pipe)

Thanks for reply breezer. Have removed tray and cleaned syphon and also cleaned every trace of black gunk in tray area, but last test I kept pulling out drawer to check that jets were filling fabric cond. tray, I suppose I must of interupted the syphon process. Will try again tonight and check in the morning to see if its dissapered

Just one other quick question. To prevent this black gunk / holes blocking in the tray area, I take it that its advisable to leave the tray open and the door ajar to release any moisture thus preventing nasty nasty build up??

Thanks again

door open stops nasty niifs in m/c

gunk is old powder and conditioner (its not unusual)

my old "trick" was to ask for a knife, and cut slices of old soap scum from the drawer just to watch people faces

conditioner-tray.jpg

is an old HP one

you can test it by filling it with water and see what happens

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
door open stops nasty niifs in m/c

gunk is old powder and conditioner (its not unusual)

my old "trick" was to ask for a knife, and cut slices of old soap scum from the drawer just to watch people faces

conditioner-tray.jpg

is an old HP one

you can test it by filling it with water and see what happens

Just tested it over kitchen sink, kept filling up untill in nearly overflowed, then came flowing out of draw, when I stopped the tap, the flow kept going (syphon obviously) until it was empty!!!!

I think we will not have to worry about the 'towels like sandpaper' scenario any more

note - Had to state the obvious on the above syphon test incase anybody else was reading the post at a later date, save them asking for more of your valuable time.

Thanks Breezer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back