Which Silicone for glass shower panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice from you experienced bathroom fitters please.

I am looking to mount my glass shower panel using these fittings from Pre-fit;

There will be two up the wall side and one on the floor, with a support stay to the opposite wall. As you can see the clamps will hold the glass panel about 5mm proud from the wall/ floor. My question is, what/which silicone sealant should I use to bed the panel? The walls and floor are travertine stone, sealed using Sealers Choice Gold, the grout is Bal. The wall joints will have Bal Microban sealant (later today!) I want similar properties to the Microban (i.e. it will not get covered in black mould).

So, any ideas fellas?

Cheers

PP

Sponsored Links
Without getting into whether or not silicone sealant is the right thing to use, the best product I've found is Dow Corning 785. They do a clear one, which would probably suit your decor the best.

Cheers Softus

You've now got me wondering......is there a more suitable product than just plain old silicone?

PP

Sponsored Links
There aren't any... I had the screen made by a glass company, bought the fittings from Pre-fit over the internet and had the glass company cut the required notches for the fittings......

Having just tried the fittings on the glass I have realised that there is enough play to allow me to put the panel closer to the wall and floor, so the gap is adjustable as required. I guess the Dow Corning 785 would be fine then just to run it along the panel edges?

PP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back