EFLI Testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - need your help please.

Installing a kitchen in a seaside bungalow, I'm testing the fused spur I've installed. EFLI of around 740 ohms. Golly, thinks I. Inspection of the board shows me a PME system (made simple for dimwits like me by putting a sticker on stating "PME"). Further inspection of CU is OK, decent Hager put in by registered NIC Approved Contractor, all very neat and correct, and more to the point had 16mm earth firmly attached.
Pop next door to said contractor, who tghen watches me test and agrees the high reading. He kindly sends one of his guys round next day, who tests at 0.43! Oh good, my Megger needs calibration, despite being done only 6 months ago. I get back home and do a quick test, and it shows 0.45 !!
Admittedly the seaside test was done on No-Trip, and the home test was against non-RCD semi enclosed fuses.
Any ideas before I run off and get my tester calibrated ? (again) :evil:

Sponsored Links
Lectrician - he tested at all the same socket outlets, on ring final and also on the cooker radial. The Ze test (which I didn't do) also checked out (0.2 or similar, I forget).
Is it something to do with the No-Trip test on my MFT1502 - is this something you've seen before ?

Many thanks....

Sponsored Links
Something I did consider, even though this one has a battery-low indicator. But you're right of course, much cheaper than a recalibration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back