Single Pipe Systems TRV????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Another puzzling Monday after a fabulous weekend of lazing in the sun, only touble being the sun has fried my brain and I'm stumped with a current job.

I am to be carrying out a boiler swap for a customer, and want to fit TRV's to his existing radiators.

Only problem is, the current rads, only have one valve, which has two 8mm pipes going into it.

This is a vey old setup and I would prefer to rip it all out and start again. MY customers budget does not allow this, so I need to find a suitable TRV...

Searcing manufacturers web sites has so far not turned up anything useful, so my question to all you helpful people is does anyone know of such a valve and who makes it??

Answers on a postcard please, and thanks in advance :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
How can it be a single pipe system with twin entry 8mm valves :?:
I should give up now :rolleyes:

There is one larger feed pipe, which has (I assume) two smaller 8mm pipes going to a single point on the radiator. This is I assume is to allow a flow and return somehow. I haven't worked on these kind of systems before, and although I have vague memories from my learning days, my memory isn't what it used to be unfortunately

It is a two pipe system, i.e. flow and return.

The only way to use a TRV is to reconnect the rad at opposite ends using 15 mm tube and reduce to 8 mm.

I dont think there are any TRVs made for 8 or 10 mm but I could be wrong but regardless it would be cheaper to use 15 mm parts.

Still quite a lot of work although doing it would bring the system towards replacing with proper sized pipework in the future.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think many trvs are quite happy to accept an 8mm adaptor.

You can still get twin entry valves with TRV's, cant remeber where from mind.

Most TRVs are compatable with 8/10mm and come with internal reducers if you order the right one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back