Question before install of power shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

New to the forum, so I am hoping for a positive response.

I've just brought the pump, still need to get the pipe and fittings etc. However after reading the manual I am a little unsure of how to proceed.

My house looks like this
| |
| TANK |
| IN |
| LOFT |
--------===================
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| | C E I L I N G
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| C | H |
| O | O |
| L | T |
| D | HOT
| | WATER
TANK

Now according to the manual I need to be careful to avoid AIR being sucked into the pump. It recomends that a surrey flange be installed at the top of the hot water tank.

Questions.

1. Are pumps that suspectable to damage from AIR ? Do they not compensate

2. Running the hot water it seems like I've got good preasure, so how can I judge ?

Finally any tips or suggestions to avoid damage as I'm paranoid of upsetting the hot water tank system

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer, but i did find a surrey flange for you its here but i dare say any good plumbers merchant will have / get one for you

You'll need a pipe back to the loft cistern for the cold too.
The Surrey flange is a dog to install. Warix is easier and probably better, and Essex is easier still and better - though it looks alarming to have to cut a hole in the side. All the manufacturers of pumps disagree with each other on details, so it' well worth calling their tech line.

Sucking air isn't good for a pump, but the point is that that's all it'll pump - air, which is no good for a shower! Respect what they say about a static head of water on the input.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back