Worcester 24i RSF Combi-hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having problems with hot water in Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler (over-heating). please help!.
Firstly the c/h side of the boiler seems perfectly fine. Turn heating on, pump starts up, fan starts up, ignition and radiators become hot.

Unfortunately not the same for hot water, turn the tap on between medium and full (tap and boiler in kitchen next to each another), fan starts up, water flows out of tap, ignition and flame starts heating water..

After about 5 sec’s the pressure gauge then starts to bounce up and down and boiler makes knocking sound until flame goes out.
Immediately after flame re-lights, goes through process again about three or so times before overheating/reset button pops up = cold water.

Other points worth mentioning is that if the hot tap (in kitchen) is on full. Boiler doesn’t trip overheat/reset button but pressure gauge does bounce very slightly.

Pressure on boiler shows - 1/bar

Thermistors - checked with ohms meter, seem fine between the 960 – 33Kohms specified in installation book.( Also swapped thermistors around but no difference).

Flow switch – also checked and seems to be fine.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Nick

Sponsored Links
I have seen one of these HE completley block with scale!

Is there anyway of checking. any little tricks to see whether heat exchanger is blocked maybe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back