removing cast iron waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a house where the waste stack up the back of the house, through the soffit and up through the roof, is it ok to cut the waste pipe about 20 inches below the soffit and put a plastic to cast iron sleeve on it?, as i dont relish removing the whole stack bit that goes through the roof, or is this easier then it might appear?

Sponsored Links
You certainly can use a connector, though it may look a little ugly.

How do you know you cant get the new through the roof :?: .
Have a go and earn brownie points with your other half, then spend them with a night on the lash or a day on the greens :LOL: :LOL:

Consider asking the building dept first, because you may be putting the cast back.

Sponsored Links
i think doitall meant the planning department?

depending on your house they sometimes insist on cast iron guttering/ soil pipes etc.

will look ugly with a connector though.

Paulboy said:
we have a house where the waste stack up the back of the house, through the soffit and up through the roof, is it ok to cut the waste pipe about 20 inches below the soffit and put a plastic to cast iron sleeve on it?, as i dont relish removing the whole stack bit that goes through the roof, or is this easier then it might appear?
depends where the pipe is fixed to the wall........and how strong gravity is where you live :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back