smelly drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been living in a victorian property, dates early 1900's, its divided into two seperate flats. The drain from the upstairs bathroom and kitchen runs directly outside my flat. In recent weeks, whenever they run the water from upstairs, kitchen or bathroom, there is the most disgusting smell that then permeates my rooms downstairs. Any suggestions as to why and how I can fix this please?

Sponsored Links
Smells like the soil waste pipe could be leaking and so emmiting the foul smell.
Do you own upstairs too? Is it a shared waste pipe ? Do you have easy access to the soil pipe?
Best get a recommended plumber around to have a look/sniff for advice it usually does not cost anything unless you ring the big boys.
Pete

try Nilsen plumbing ...they`ll Give you a hand .....or any other parts :eek: :mad: :p...allegedly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back