multisil neutral alcoxy silicone sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a tube of this lieing around and it said also for kitchen and bathrooms.

So i duly installed my sink and toilet, taps and waste and sealed them all with the sealant. this included butting the sink upto the tiled wall and siliconing it to the wall, and the toilet.

problem, 2 days later the sealant is still sticky and does not appear to have cured. Will i have to remove evrything, clean it all up and use another silicone or will it set eventualy !!

Sponsored Links
no silicon dealant experts then ? estate agents coming on thursday and i really could dowith knowing if it will cure, or whether to take it all out and get a reseal it all

What does it say about curing time on the tube? If it says soemthing like "fully cures in 24 hrs" and it's been 2 days, I'd suggest there's something wrong with it. Unless you put heaps of it on I would have thought it would have set by now. Probably best to remove it, clean down with meths and try again with some new stuff. You say you had this stuff lying around - maybe it's too old now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back