Single Radiator Gone Cold - Danfoss TRV (Old Type)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After 3 or 4 days of having my living room radiator set at 0 on the thermostat, I tonight turned it back up but the radiator has refused to heat up. All other radiators are fine. I suspect it may be a sticking TRV as I have since been informed that you shouldn't turn them to 0. I will have a go at freeing it off but I am having real trouble removing the cap.

The TRV is fitted horizontally, has a white twist section with the temperature settings. This part can be pulled out atound half a centimetre. Inset into the end of the twist section is a black part with Danfoss Thermostat written on it. It will turn around half a centimetre as well. I cannot see any locking tabs or clips etc, but where the assembly joins the pipe there is what looks almost like a plastic hose clip with a screw on it.

Can anyone help???
Gary

Sponsored Links
Undo the screw thats holds as you say the hose clip. This will allow the head to come off once off you will see a little pin give this a couple of gentle taps to free the valve seatin. If this doesn`t work the valve can be dismantled. will explain how to if tapping does not work.

Hi namsag,

Have managed to get the head off, have the pin in front of me. Have tried tapping several times, not too hard though & also tried applying pressure to the pin, with no result, the pin does not move at all...

Sponsored Links
Thanks backward gasman!!!

I persevered with applying steady pressure on & off & the pin has eventually released & we have heat! Bloomin' marvellous what you can do with no knowledge and T'Interwebnet!!!

Cheers for your help!!!
Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back