cooker hood under cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a circulation type hood under a small cupboard. Do I need to vent into the cupboard or leave a gap between hood and cupboard. If it is fitted tight up under the cupboard with no vent will the air circulate?

Sponsored Links
The hood air intake is via the filter and the panel area facing the cooker plates. Without you posting a picture I have no idea where the extractor vents are on the model you intend to fit.

Not matter, what do the instructions say?

Most will be roof / back extracted air and this must have flow room. If you don't there's a serious risk of mould, grunge and build up of all sorts of condensation mess.

You must vent where required and that why most have a dummy cupboard over the top.

The alternative is to build a venting duct system in to the cupboard that extracts to above the cupboard top line or better still, vents externally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back