where to sell unused parts ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
folks, have a few parts im never gonna use, stuff that was for a contract my company lost, sold a few bits on ebay but looking to see if anyone knows somewhere to sell back to as these parts will no longer be required !!

got

1. 1 x potterton lynx electtronic gas valve
2. 1 x worcester 24i heat exchanger
3. 1 x worceter 24i pcb
4. 1 x potterton lynx pcb

all parts new unused and in the box.

tried ebay before but prices were crap..

If anyone knows any place that would buy it would be appreciated as I want these out my van asap !

Sponsored Links
All those kind of things are sold on Ebay.

The prices seem to suit the sellers who regularly sell them all the time. Presumably stolen from their employer?

Tony

Agile said:
All those kind of things are sold on Ebay.

The prices seem to suit the sellers who regularly sell them all the time. Presumably stolen from their employer?

Tony

exactly mate, drives the prices down and therefore make it worthless to sell legit parts. I

its a buyers market on there, the main thing i was looking to sell was the gas valve, the others not too fussed as they more than likely will come in handy but listed the valve once and cancelled the auction as it never went over £20..

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
mmalone said:
corgiman said:
go on then I will give you a fiver the lot

BOSH

job done

;)

it aint on ebay yet !!!

I was trying to bet the rush

:)

seriously mate i'd rather throw it in the river than punt to chancers on ebay ! that gas valve cost a fortune at the time, we ended up ripping out every lynx electronic and replacing as they were too costly to fix ! they damn things eat pcbs !

lor said:
i'd rather throw it in the river
wots wrong with the bin ?
poor fish :cry:

lor is right WOT about the fish!!1

still summink is better than nothing, something is only worth wot some one is willing to pay for it

:)

Theres some nicked stuff on ebay but also people selling on stuff they get at cost and guys selling wrongly ordered parts. At the end of the day no-ones going to give you more than ebay or else they might just as well go on there and buy it anyway....that's the true value of it second hand. :rolleyes:

Don't forget there are lots of legit trade retailers selling things like gas valves cheap.
Not sure about the Lynx El GV but how many of the are there left now?

Yes I have a lockup full of stuff like that. When I am no longer in the busuness of repairing boilers I'll ebay them with a low start price and take the market value. Until then they are my cheapest source for that part.

The jobs they were wrongly bought for have been my training ground... I'm still learning.

Yes Paul but can you always get your hands on a part you have in stock?

Dont you sometimes end up buying a new one because you cannot find the one you have.

Unless you have a full inventory and stock control system like Chris its difficult to keep track!

Tony

Yes it's a big problem just buying another. Sometimes when sorting things out I find a pcb I never even knew I bought.

Seen a blue Grundfos on Ebay. I wonder how the seller aquired this brand new BG pump. At one time reset could land you in jail. How things change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back