Regulations for Oil Boiler Flue inside house.

dja

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise about regulations regarding choice of single or twin wall flue pipe for an oil boiler (Potterton Flowsure+) which l plan to move and will require a vertical conventional flue up to the ceiling and then through into a small empty loft and then through slate roof?

Sponsored Links
You'll need to refer to the relevant BS for open flues (can't remember number). All open flue systems fitted to an oil fired appliance now require an information plate containing required technical details affixed to the flue system. You will also need to carry out a flue draught test.

You will also need to commission the flue and re-commission the boiler.

This can be done by contacting an OFTEC registered installer, for more details go to; www.oftec.co.uk

or contacting you local authority building inspector, for them to inspect it.

the first method is less expensive and less time consuming.

M Oliver
Oftec reg C4278

moliver34 said:
You will also need to commission the flue and re-commission the boiler.

This can be done by contacting an OFTEC registered installer, for more details go to; www.oftec.co.uk

or contacting you local authority building inspector, for them to inspect it.

the first method is less expensive and less time consuming.

M Oliver
Oftec reg C4278

".......less expensive and less time consuming." er.....and unacceptable, as they can comission only something that has been installed by them, installed by another suitably qualified oftec registered installer, or overseen by building control.

However, you would be better off throwing your boiler away and putting in a less-expensive-to-maintain type.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps, but any info on the single/twin wall question?

dja wrote

Thanks chaps, but any info on the single/twin wall question?

Mine goes up to the ceiling in vitreous enamel then into the chimney.
Leaves my kitchen roasting warm as well. :D
Most of the oil knobs on here think you cant do that though. :(
I had one out a while back who removed it whilst doing a boiler install and had to replace it back my self the way it was as my kitchen was freezing without the flue heat.
Dont see why you cant do the same. Just stick a class 1 flue at the top.

Thanks balenza...is your Vitreous enamel single wall or twin?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back