Mira 'Extra' Bath and Shower Thermostatic Mixer problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - hope somebody has some ideas on this.

Just fitted a mira extra bath and shower thermostatic mixer on my bath to replace an Aqualisa bath and shower mixer. Seemed fairly straightforward to replace - pipework was like for like.

I now have a problem in that the shower mixer part works wonderfully - nice pressure and temperature come out of it. However the hot bath tap doesn't seem to be delivering hot water. It is now only luke warm - even when screwed right down to a slow flow. It's almost as if it is mixing cold water in with it's flow - and certainly when the tap is opened completely the flow out of it is far faster than the Aqualisa mixer used to produce - again almost as if it is drawing in cold water to boost the pressure. Could this be possible?

Anyway if anybody has any ideas on sorting this it would be much appreciated.

Steve

Sponsored Links
It is on a combination boiler system - which I thought, like the Aqualisa which I had before, this mixer is suitable for.

POSSIBLE SEAL FAULT INSIDE SHOWER INTERNALS PASSES WATER THROUGH CAUSING TEMPERATURE CHANGE TO HAPPEN. ADVISE CONTACT MIRA SERVICES AND ASK FOR TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT THEY MAY ADVISE I AM SURE IT ADVISES CROSS FLOW IN BOOKLET YOU RECIEVED WITH SHOWER. HOPE THIS HELPS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back