ELECTRICAL TESTING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DO YOU NEED TO HAVE 2391 TO BE ABLE TO INSPECT AND SIGN CERTIFICATES BEEN TESTING FOR 10 YEARS NOW BUT NOT DONE 2391 TESING COURSE. IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR A COMPANY THAT IS NICEIC REGISTERED ARE YOU COVERED AS A COMPETENT PERSON TO SIGN CERTIFICATES AS THIS IS THEN COUNTER SIGNED BY A QUALIFIED SUPERVISOR WITHIN THE COMPANY. WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE. MANY THANKS :confused:

Sponsored Links
firstly, turn off the caps lock! :LOL:

you dont need to have 2391 to test officially no- you just need to be competent!

best way to prove competence (or try to), say in a court of law is to have a recognised qualification, i.e 2391.

thanks for advice appreciate your comments greatly. i am sitting my 2391 this year and i appreciate a little knowledge is more dangerous than none but one thing i find all the time when testing is a lack of correct procedures when terminating cables and cable sizes in respect of circuit demand and fuse sizes. can anyone tell me why there is no electrical inspectors jobs advertised than testers then all these situations can be addressed before they are found many years later. you find at some companys there is so many sparks that they are left to there own devices and work is not fully checked. i have no problems with working issues some sparks are better than others thats around every corner of any workplace but to leave sleeving of bare conductors or no identification on conductors and also not marking up new circuits when installed only takes a few minutes of anyones time. Anyone else in the trade fed up with this or is it just me? a competent or 2391 person can still cover up an incorrect procedure to a new installation seen it so many times. bring back electrical inspectors on all electrical work to dig out the cowboys amongst us. when i was an apprentice i couldn't F**t without someone over my shoulder checking my work i appreciated that knowing i could sleep at night. Time is money and im afraid somethings are just left for a rainy day. just spent earthing all light fittings 14 in total in a vets surgery as circuit wired in micc and no earth to metal fluro fittings would not believe that could you? best is there have been sparks from the company i am at that have fitted new light fittings and not carried out correct procedures i go there and all hell breaks loose needless to say they are not there anymore moved on years ago but who knows they could be on a doorstep near you. still i can sleep a little safer tonight.

Sponsored Links
That's what you get for doing 5 day wonder courses - people who think they can suddenly do it all on their own.That's what apprenticeships are for, to make sure you are fully capable of entering the big wide world on your own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back