AEG 78001KF-N induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This model is rated at 7.4kW. I have run a new 6mm cable 15 metres long from a 40 amp mcb to a 45 amp DP cooker switch. My problem is that the flex that came fitted to the hob has four wires...y/g, brown, blue and black. It seems clear that y/g is earth, blue is neutral and brown live but what is the black for? I've tried AEG and Service Force and they are most unhelpful.Your help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
the instructions state that it must be fitted by a qualified electrician, that the electrical mains terminal is live(!) and that a strain relief clamp should be used. This is as far as it goes.

Sponsored Links
it was purchased from empire direct, a well known, UK based internet shop and delivered from AEG themselves. There is no indication of it being anything other than single phase, it is in AEG's ordinary catalogue along with other domestic appliances. There are no commercial appliances in this catalogue.

keith123 said:
it was purchased from empire direct, a well known, UK based internet shop and delivered from AEG themselves. There is no indication of it being anything other than single phase, it is in AEG's ordinary catalogue along with other domestic appliances. There are no commercial appliances in this catalogue.
Even so, many domestic appliances are 2- or 3-phase rated, for the european market, where residential cooker circuits are often 2- or 3- phase.

Check with AEG's tech dept.

Sounds as though its prewired for three phase, if so you will need to get an electrician to rewire it.

Did you get any terminal connectors with it, they would be brass in the shape of the letter n

I'm guessing here, but going by harmonised colours, that hob sounds like 2-phase, so brown and black will be live and blue is neutral. *

If you only have single phase supply, connect black and brown together to live. *

*WARNING the above is an educated guess. PLEASE consult AEG's tech dept first!!!

Further to all the foregoing, I have now spoken to AEG ( this time someone helpful) and it appears that I have been sent the continental version. UK models are identical but do not come with a cable. I am now advised that this model will be fine, all that is neede is to connect both live wires ( brown and black to the live terminal.
Thanks for your help
Keith

Just to say, am having same problem with 68002KF-N hob. No sensible instructions how to connect in UK. There is no bridge between 1 and 2 and terminals are not big enough to accept cable from mains and a bridging cable. AEG customer service said they would not give any advice - now their policy.

I have the same problem with electrolux.
Looks like i have got a continentel version of an induction hob.
4 wires and no help from the manufacturer.

Regards FRED

I have the same problem with electrolux.
Looks like i have got a continentel version of an induction hob.
4 wires and no help from the manufacturer.

Regards FRED
Start your own topic then.

1. Did you get any instructions?
2. What colour are the wires?

In case anyone comes back to this post looking for an answer:

I just installed an AEG induction hob and it was supplied with a metal connector for bridging terminals 1 and 2. There definitely wasn't space in the terminal block housing to bridge using cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back