DISHWASHER DISCONNECTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new here. I am due to get a new dishwasher which the company have said they will connect and remove the old one. However, I need to disconnect the old one and I am unsure how to do this. It is plumbed into the cold water pipe and it looks like it has sort of tap connection on it - do I just turn this and then take the pipe off? the waste pipe is just connected on by some sort of clip - again do I just undo this and take it off? Any help would be appreciated as unfortunately I have no family around to help and I can't really afford to get someone in. Thanks

Sponsored Links
the flexible supply hose from the appliance should connect to a valve on the water supply pipe. You must turn this valve off, and verify (by trying to run the dishwasher and checking that it does not fill) that no water is coming through it.

When verified, you can unscrew the plastic pipe. There is a sort of plastic nut on the end of the hose connector that you should be able to undo by hand (you might need gloves) If you end up having to use an adjustable spanner, you must support the valve with another, so that you do not wrench the valve out of position.

The waste hose, if it pokes down into a vertical piece of waste pipe, just pulls out.

If it is pushed onto a plastic spigot on the sink trap, it can be pulled off, but the open spigot may then let water run out when you pull out the sink plug, so you will need to stuff a cork or something in it until the new appliance is fitted.

If you still have the instruction booklet for the old dishwasher it will probably have illustrations to show how it is plumbed in (it is a good idea to keep a file or box of instruction booklets)i

Hi there, thanks so much for that, sounds simple so I am going to give it a try ...fingers crossed!!!

Just to clarify on the waste pipe (mine is grey) this is pushed onto a white pointy bit (is this the spigot?) and then it screws onto the sink waste. Do I just remove the grey pipe from the white bit or do I unscrew the whole thing from the sink waste.

Thanks for your help.

Lea

try to pull the grey hose off the white spigot. You might find it is stuck, in which case you can unscrew the nut that holds the spigot, and cut away the hose with a small knife on the breadboard so the spigot can be refitted with a cork in it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back