[b]Bosch Dishwasher Fails to Drain [/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have a Bosch SVG53e03 integrated Dishwasher, it keeps stopping during the wash cycle with flooded base. I have read in the forums, many suggest this might be caused by either:
a) obstructed drainpump,
b) blocked waste drain pipe,
c) broken pump,
d) faulty control modue ( suggested by a helpful Bosch engineer in the forum "Unclebuck".
I have now checked for blockages all appears OK. So I am not sure if I should replace the pump or the control module.

Would anyone know how easy it is to replace the pump and the Control moduel? Please help if you know.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought a flooded base must be a leak.

Oddly enough I've had my Bosch on its back today to fit a longer filler hose.

Replacing the pump looks fairly easy to me (though mine is older and does not have a tray to collect the leakage). Tip yours up and have a look. It must go onto its back not its front.

If the leak isn't obvious, blow talcum powder onto the parts so that water will leave a track.

Mine also has some plastic pipes for filling and washing that you find by taking the top off, have a look at them too. You can watch them while it is running so look for leaks. I have no live electrics under the top.

If your control module is inside the door, it's very easy to get at but I bet it will be expensive.

p.s. mine is not an integrated model so may be different.

Thanks JohnD

By "flood" I meant water stayed inside NOT leaked- so I suspect the pump is faulty. Thanks I will try tipping it on its back.
However many suggest it may be the Control Module as pumps rarely break. The Moduel is expensive £80 + £80 labor. I think I will have to try fitting myself- otherwise I be better off buying a new machine .

if its not pumping out but your hear the pump running then there is prob a blockage in the out let hoses internal or external.. you can reset the machine this will active the pump.

Sponsored Links
I checked for blockage - all OK. pump still not working with no sound..

Then as you suggested I opend the Module PCB, and found a burnt out connection. I solded the connection on the pcb. Funny enough- now only the pump kicks in as soon as I switch on the machine on . Nothig happens but the pump runs continuously. Will not reset - infact when trying to reset the lights on the buttons start flashing.

Would you suggest a new module ?

Many thanks. I will now order a module from Bosch in MK. £76 + post.

I hope they will refund if the new module still won't make it work.

Unclebuck, What is it with Bosch ? - I have read many people having similar problems. You have been a Bosch Engineer before- why haven't they sorted the bug with their washer programmes after all these years.

doubt you will get refund..

like all things it comes down to cost, its not in the manufacturers interest to make a machine which will last for 20 years like the old days doesnt make productive sales. its accountants vs engineers.

Ineresting money generating tactics !!!!! I suppose that applies to many manufacturers - however Bosch appears more hungry using this sinical tactic, hence lower reliability than other manufacturers!

How do they make their products unreliable- Is it cheap parts, or shabby connections, or even, using components with self destructive chip in them?

It isn't true that Bosch are unreliable.

But there are a great many of them around, so you are going to hear of faulty ones.

Reliability ratings: Dishwashers
Manufacturer Overall reliability
Bosch (1606) 93%
Neff (266) 93%
Siemens (168) 93%
Miele (279) 90%
Whirlpool (205) 87%
AEG / AEG-Electrolux (189) 84%
Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux (237) 84%
Diplomat / Hygena (98 ) 81%
Hotpoint (338) 81%
Indesit (184) 81%
Smeg (55) 81%

Table notes
Sample size in brackets. Total sample: 4,163 owners

Thanks- good stats- so Bosch is not the worst.

Thanks also to Unclebuck for the advice on control modue. I received the new module from Bosch today, then connected, and presto.

Just one question. Whilst the new module works, I found a sheet of instructions in the packaging, saying that the new replacement controllers must be re-coded with the appliance programmes. It gives instructions how to hold and press buttons to activate the coding programme etc. (FYI the module has the exact part no as the original)

To be honest I do not understand, as the machine appears to have recognised the module & the wash cycle sounds fine. Do I really need to re-code the machine ? I am affraid that it might even do more harm as the instructions are in unclear translation from German.

this is because this module will fit different models in its range not just your machine so you code it to suit your programs. if you do not code it, it will do no harm but you may have different programs in a different order.. sometimes the default setting is the correct one anyway, hope that make sense.

Yes, makes absolute sense.

I started going through the instructions this morning but gave up after several times of trying the sequenses but failed to figure out the German translations.

As you suggested, provided the programme cycles are not wrong then I have other things in life to get stressed by.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back