Rubber seal around electric oven -- is it easily replaced?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok folks, next question -- my oven's seal has torn off on several parts. The oven's now in its 8th year of use. Is that rubber seal easily replaced, and how is it done?

I've already removed the inner door of the oven, to clean the grease off that, and that involved removing several screws, but I'm not sure how I'd get that seal off, and which screws to remove to achieve that. Guidance to this DIYer will therefore be much appreciated -- thanks!

RS ;)

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I wonder what make and model it is :rolleyes:

John, hey, sorry yes I forgot to mention the model. It's a Scandinavian brand, Helkama, and the model # is G6745.

-- RS

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've now gained access to the gasket area -- I had to go to the back of the oven, and remove that metal plate, and then two screws to remove the inner plate which holds the gasket. Now I have full access for replacement. Thing is, I'm not sure which way round the gasket goes....since we can't post attachments here, can somebody quickly communicate with me as to how it should be installed?? My e-mail is [email protected]. (I have a photo of how the gasket is now sitting, and then you could confirm whether I've got it right!!)

Also having probs reinstalling the door -- won't lock into place? Advice needed on these issues asap!!!

Many thanks,
RS :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back