mixing a white-wash to match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i've just moved into a new house (well to me) and need to replace a few section of wood panel in the hall-way, they're white-washed tongue+grooved boards, but what is the easiest way to make up a quick white wash to repaint the new panels and try and blend them back in with the rest of the panels ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
white-wash is what farmers used as a washable surface in cattle dwellings mainly mixed from slaked lime. :eek: :D

noseall said:
white-wash is what farmers used as a washable surface in cattle dwellings mainly mixed from slaked lime. :eek: :D

Yep...what do you mean by whitewash Jonno?

ah, my mistake, i just wanted a really watered down white paint to go back over the new wooden panels, maybe i can water down some emulsion paint, i want something similar to what shops paint over their windows while they are having a refit etc

Sponsored Links
ah ok..right then..use thinned out contact emulsion..then you can seal it with an acrylic varnish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back