Bosch Logixx 1600 - flooding from the waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Logixx 1600 which has been working fine in our new house for about 18 months. Just recently however, it has started leaking waste water. When it empties, it seems to pump out at such a rate that the pipe work in the house can\\\'t take it. So the water backs up the drainage pipe work and spills on the floor.
I initially assumed that this was being caused by a partial blockage in the pipe work. So I treated it with liquid unblocker (no joy). I then ran a snake through the pipe several times. I followed this up by stuffing the garden hose down the pipe and opening it up full bore to flush anything through. The drain seems quite happy to take full mains pressure without problem. Hook up the washing machine however and the old problem returns - and I get a wet floor. Clearly, the machine can pump out at a faster rate than mains pressure - but is this right? Or is it a stubborn partial blockage in the pipework which I need to attack again? Any thoughts would be gratefully received...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back