kitchen worktop joints?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, My dad is busy fitting my new kitchen, and it is a U shape design, so will need 2 joints cut for my worktops. (high gloss black) What is the best way to do these? I have read previous threads. He has all the kit, and is excellent at DIY!!! Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
The best way is to use a kitchen worktop jig, a couple of quick release cramps, a 30mm guide bush, a 2-1/2 to 3HP (1800 watts or more) 1/2in plunge router and a brand new 1/2in diameter x 50mm high TCT or TC-RT (better) cutter. Just like the other posts said.....

Scrit

heeellloo emma72 :D :D :D

are the worktops still in the wrappers !!!!

are you house proud!!!!!

do you have kids or pets!!!

if any of the above i would strongly suggest you swop them for "normal" worktops as high gloss shows up watermarks scratchess any thing will show up you will be forever cleaning and after several months the scratches will bug you

these things happen to normal worktop but you wont notice it its just the high gloss will show up everything

a bit like a plain white carpet and a well paterned or dark carpet
you wouldnt dream of having a white carpet with children pets or grubby bare feet

Sponsored Links
We have them too, they're horrible. In fact I went and bought replacements about 3 months after installation (which themselves are still in the garage :oops: ) I'll get round to it one day :)

high gloss, (sharp intake of breath) tut tut!

hope one isn't retentive in any way. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back