How do I make my bedroom more interesting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a desk and bookcase from Ikea, a queensize bed, chest of drawers and a wardrobe (it isn't fixed). It is about 4mx3m (about 10ftx13ft) with 2 doors - one goes outside. I like warm shades of purple, blue, green and a little bit of gold/metallic but not lots (I guess these are cool colours but I dont like them very bright). I have a bit of money to spend ($100 Australian which I think is around $70USD). I'm renting so I can't paint the walls and am a bit skeptical about sticking stuff on and having the paint come off. Any suggestions about arranging furniture? I'm kind of creative but don't have a sewing machine or anything. How could I make it a bit more personal? I've just finished uni so I'd like to make it less like a 'student' type room and a bit more like somewhere to relax, any suggestons would be appriciated! :D

Sponsored Links
$100 Australian should get you a nice big mirror.
If you can get one with holes already drilled, all the better, then...get some mates to help you hold it up and screw it to the ceiling making sure that it's well screwed in.

large pictures can help.If you know how to use a drill, filler and paint, put some small screw-eyes in the wall just below ceiling height where they will not be noticeable,and use fine picture-hanging wire. Use the filler to remove any damage where you drilled, and the paint to touch up the filler and paint the screw-eyes to hide them. Many older houses have picture rails which avoid these problems.

Be aware that pictures will leave dirty marks on the wall from dust, especially if you smoke, or if you let them bang on or rub against the wall.

Otherwise, you could buy long colourful curtains or blinds, rugs and bed-throws.

How do I make my bedroom more interesting........

OOOHH, I have so many naughty ideas running around my head, :oops: but the first thing I would do is to grab a bronze surfer hunk and keep him locked in. :p

Sponsored Links
I was just waiting for someone to reply in that way.

Hehe........

Growler said:
$100 Australian should get you a nice big mirror.
If you can get one with holes already drilled, all the better, then...get some mates to help you hold it up and screw it to the ceiling making sure that it's well screwed in.

:LOL: :LOL:

Third_Eye said:

Hehe........

Yup, Third Eye, there is always one....... ;)

spice said:
spice said:
Third_Eye said:

Hehe........

Zampa said:

Put me in it?

And another one..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ooooh Zampa, thats a very tempting offer. :oops:

I would elaborate but im busy with my airless applying my St Tropez one coat magicoat spray tan..

Now..where did I put that surfboard..

Ikea has very nice Asian style paper lamps. Their light is sort of dimmed, so they're great in bedrooms, I have them at home and love it! They're also cheap so you'll have some money left for a nice fluffy rug or something.

Zampa said:
spice said:
spice said:
Third_Eye said:

Hehe........

Zampa said:

Put me in it?

And another one..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ooooh Zampa, thats a very tempting offer. :oops:

I would elaborate but im busy with my airless applying my St Tropez one coat magicoat spray tan..

Now..where did I put that surfboard..

Any Pics?????? :mrgreen:

images.jpg

Sorry...bit touchy about showing my face.. :oops: :confused: :rolleyes:

Zampa, stop giving spice a "hard" time of it.

Hehe.............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back