COMBIcompact Vaillant boiler water pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
COMBIcompact Vaillant boiler VCW-GB 242EH or 248EH problem: The pressure meter is on 3 (should be on 1 when cold) and the overflow pipe drips profusely, presumed because cold water keeps coming in, so I tightened up the cold water pressure valve (?) as much as possible and the white plastic cover is now broken. Despite this, the problem seems to be getting worse, with the pressure increasing noticeably whenever I empty the boiler via the overflow.
I am no good at DIY. Can anybody help please?

Sponsored Links
The filling loops still open/failed see FAQ's.

Or perhaps if the boiler still has the plastic secondary heat exchnger it may have failed.

Looking at the illustration in the FAQs, it was the filling loop I was tightening up, not cold water pressure valve. I could not locate any stopcock that would stop the pressure rising, with corresponding leakage from the overflow pipe, so had to close the water supply. Could anybody help please? I can be contacted at schran*ka2004 at vo*lny dot cz (remove the *).
Can I run the central heating with the water supply shut off and taps dry?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back