Security Cameras for aviaries and cars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin' peeps!
We have a (continuous) security camera out the back covering three aviaries.
Woke up yesterday to discover (through a neighbour) that our car had been decorated with a key on every panel by my partners ex, The police will do ought (surprise, surprise) 'cos no proof so here's the question.
Looking for a two + camera system, possibly night vision, definately would like at least one remotely controlled view wise as we don't have a drive and could adjust the view to where the car is parked and maybe with auto sensor to start the vcr. Not asking for much am I ?? Mind the three month old car needs a total respray now so we want to try and stop the sad little b+s+a+d in his tracks before I dust off me baseball bat.
Any help in pointing me in a shortcut on a web search v much appreciated as we're off on hols soon and SWMBO is worried about the car (expensive) and birds (very expensive)

Sponsored Links
With regards to the night vision:

The IR emitters are surprisingly effective: I installed a similar Maplin camera on my ex's house when she wasn't an ex. Even at 20ft range the IR LEDs gave enough illumination to identify the little scrotes.

If you want to go for some "discrete" filming, i.e. so the criminal in the shot doesn't know you are filming, bear in mind that the IR LEDs do give off a bit of a red glow.

Good luck

Sorry took so long to respond, been treating the baseball bat to some teak oil ;) !
Forgot about the i.r , might be a better bet even if I only put some 12v l.e.d.s in a timer,, make em think.

Sponsored Links
Well, if you use IR LEDs on a timer you can set them to come on when it gets dark. All CCD cameras are sensitive to IR (although they do try to filter it, but just try pressing buttons on a remote control pointed at a digital camera/camcorder) so you should see some decent illumination.

Yes, IR light is invisible to human eyes. However, no real light source (even a laser, although it pretty much does) outputs purely on one frequency. :cool: (safety specs, hehe)

So, because you get a span of frequencies you will get a bit of visible red light thrown in there (hence the faint glow from the IR LEDs).

The reason digital cameras filter out the IR is because pictures look unreal otherwise. There are several websites out there on photography with IR filters removed, you get some cool looking effects!

Obviously for security cameras IR is a bonus so they don't filter it. It is only "near infrared", so you won't see body heat or anything like that! :D For that you need cooled sensors that cost thousands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back