shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a wet floor shower and wish to fit a shower tray presumably i can use the wet floor waste outlet for the new trays outlet how should i do this ?
meaning do i just poke the trays waste down the hole or make up a flange to take the new waste pipe?
secondly and probably a more stupid question which way round does the tray go it has lips on three sides am i right to say that the side without the lip is the entrance?
sorry about all the questions
cheers
steve

Sponsored Links
Why do you need a tray if your wet room has a drain in the middle of the floor? :confused:

You need to put a shower trap on the tray and attach a waste pipe to it and then run the pipe to a drain.

The side without the lip WILL be the entrance. :D

Sponsored Links
Just had to rip out shower enclosure tray,remove tiles fitted by previous owners builder/ bodger tray was laid loose on floor only floor tiles to stop it moving had bin them too as laid 6mmply so all cracked
New base built for shower tray which is level had to fix new cement board as the plasterboard had disintegrated all back together now no leaks why do people except such crap

because i am fed up with mopping the floor as it is also a w.c
:confused: Why does it need mopping because it's a wetroom/wc combined?
Bad aim? ;)

It sounds like there's a problem with the current drainage, i.e. the floor gulley is draining too slow or the fall to the gulley is too shallow.

How about creating a barrier with glass blocks? This is part of my next project, refurbing the shower room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back