Wall mirror fitting, corner treatment.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, don't know if anyone has any tips for this but...

I'm in the process of fitting out an ensuite showeroom. It's quite small so, I want to put mirrors on 3 walls to give the illusion of space.

The mirrors themselves will run in a band around the room and the largest will be about 1.5m long by 750mm. I plan to fix them with mirror mate type adhesive.

My question is, what can I do to make the corners look neat. My first thoughts where to just but the mirrors, at right angles and then run some clear silicon down the joint but, I keep thinking there must be a neater and more profesional way to finish the corners.

Any ideas? All input greatfully received!

Cheers

Symo

Sponsored Links
What about use some stainless steel beading/quadrant to run down the corner? Not sure if you can get it from the usual building suppliers, but a metal fabrication company should be able to sell you some. Seeing as your mirrors are going to have to be custom items then you may as well find a metalworks while you are on the industrial estates!

Failing that you could use mirror tiles, although this will not give an unbroken line.

Let us know how you get on, I have often wondered about fully mirrored walls.

What about tile edging trim ,available in different styles and colours. If you got say plain chrome finish or brass, you could break off or cut down the bit that would normally go under the tile and be left with a quadrant shape. If you sealed the corners with silicon then stuck the trim to silicon you should end up OK. Just a suggestion I have not tried this myself.

Good Luck, Dave

Thanks for the input folks.

Tile edging trim could be the answer. I've seen this in polished chrome, which would look good against the mirror. I'll pop to some tile shops and see if anyone does an internal corner profile.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Symo

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the input folks.

Tile edging trim could be the answer. I've seen this in polished chrome, which would look good against the mirror. I'll pop to some tile shops and see if anyone does an internal corner profile.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Symo

hi you have probably done this by now but silicone will damamge the silver backing if it comes in contact with it and the fumes are harsh enough to damage it even if it doesnt, be careful because the mirror would need replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back