Ferroli modena 102 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently my boiler is spewing water everywhere from the main casing. Could any one tell me what parts are likely to be faulty and cost of replacement if pos - just so I don't get stung later when I call someone out!! Also, how do I turn off the water supply just to the boiler. There are lots of different colour knobs that don't seem to want to turn!

Sponsored Links
Heather, sounds like you need a heating man pretty quick.
The vaves under the boiler should turn off with a quarter turn they might be a bit stiff. The second from the right should turn off the MAINS cold water or turn off your stop tap under the sink. Th leak should subside.
JonB

If you cannot turn off taps under the boiler then it sounds as if you definitely need a professional.

Anyone else with a boiler "spewing out water" would not be posting on the web but calling out somebody to stop the leak.

Without knowing the make and model and exactly whats leaking its impossible to guess the cost. Its very likely it will need to be replaced as the electrics will have been damaged.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you Jon and Tony. I have called someone out but it won't be till later this evening so there is a bowl under the boiler. It's exterior to the main living area so there's no carpets getting wet!! I turned off the mains water this morning, which is why I wanted to isolate the boiler supply - so we can have a cup of tea and carry on living!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back