cd drive wont copy ???

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hi. Have some files I want to back up onto a cd-rw disc. I normally right click and drop down menu gives options floppy etc etc. But my cd drive e seems to have dissapeared from this menu. Any attemt to move or copy onto drive E returns an error E is not accessable. Has been working fine till tonight.... Only thing I can recall doing is playing a freebie learn spanish disk(daily mail) :rolleyes: :LOL: It still plays disc's.
Any Idea's ???

Sponsored Links
Have you installed any softare since it last worked? Does the drive appear in My Computer?

Thanks Igorian..... I think I have accidently sorted... Somehow. Last night when I cliked on properties for cd drive the recording option was not there. I was fiddlin this morning and tried playing a cd then going ino my computer... cd drive e right...click properties and recording option was there :eek: . ticked the box to enable and all ok now... :oops:

Seems that when I use dvd rewriter ram this knocks out the recording options for both cd rewiter and dvd rewriter and after using dvd recording have to rember to re enable recording options for cd rewriter...which in turn will knock out recording for dvd ....I think....ahh well this rainy morning has give me time to mess lol... cheers ...
John.

Sponsored Links
Cool. Glad you got it sorted.

Sometimes, having a dabble is the best way to learn.

Back