Bevel raised panel missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wonder if anyone knows how to make or obtain the encircled part of the door shown below:

b-repro1-large.jpg

Thanks,

yoocan

Sponsored Links
With a hand plane , a saw and some wood . Thats all there is to it .
DSC00160.jpg

It's called a Fielded Panel. If you are not good at woodwork you might do better to find a good joiner or a hobbyist woodworker to make and fit it for you.

They are very inclined to crack.

It is presumably on an exteror front door so you want a good job that will stand up to the weather.

Many thanks for your input.

The door used to be an external door following the porch but an external door has since ben placed infront of the porch, so its now an internal door. It was actually boxed in, i've just uncovered it this weekend and thought it would be nice to restore it. I quite fancy doing it myself if posibble since I have all the tools.

Would you mind elaborating on the method or pointing me in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
The way i did it was to cut grooves on the table saw to the depth i wanted to plane too . My door as with yours has a flat area for the beading to sit on and lip over the rebate .
DSC00088.jpg

The second cut on my panel was because i had a flat area on the top rather than all going to one point , you may find this a better way to do it but thats up to you .
All i did was plane down to my fist cut to give me the flat area and that left room to plane my bevel to my secong cut . I used exterior MDF but if you are using solid timber do the end grain before you do the sides .
Or you could do it on a router table like this
17122006249.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back