Zanussi DX6453

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher is under two years old but only used about once a week, worked fine up till now..
It blows fuse trips during wash cycle. It fills, heats and goes through about 20mins of cycle before trips blow.
It does a rinse and hold cycle ok, fills and pumps out no prob.
Help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
What is the thing that trips? Is it a fuse, an MCB, or an RCD?

If you don't know,please say what is printed or engraved on it (all letters and numbers please) or post a clear photo.

OK JohnD
It's a Crabtree 80A RCCB 100mA with MCB's for various circuits, ring mains etc., but it's the main 100mA RCCB swith that trips out
Is that what you wanted?
Thanks

OK.

the earth leakage circuit breaker is tripping.

it is probably a water leak and water is getting into an electric part.

If you tip it over onto its back you may be able to identify the leak.

Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD
I'll give that a try, just on the off chance could it be the tablet or rinse aid solenoid at fault, it seems to be around that time?
Thanks again

there is a faint chance of wiring damage on an old and well-used machine, but water leakage is much more likely.

Thanks for your help JohnD. I did as you suggested but couldn't find any leaks or evidence of any
I've de-activated the rinse aid using an all in tablet and the things seems to be running ok, he says wistfully
Your interest and comments are much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back