Baxi 10E No Hot Water and persistant leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current problem is no hot water from the hot water tap just cold water, radiators work fine. Also have two leaks, one from the pump and the other from the left of the boiler. The tap light does not light at all, normally a problem is indicated by a flashing light.

The pump has leaked on a regular basis since fitting it as has its replacement. No apparently leak while the radiators were on but as soon as they are turned off the pump springs a leak.

I have had this system since August 2002, the engineers only fix the problem in front of them whereas there is clearly another problem that must be causing the leaks.

Any ideas, would appreciate it as its driving me mad.

Sponsored Links
I have no hot water because one of the washers of the has disintegrated from the heat senor/heat synch and blocked the water distributer. The engineer couldn't see how it could have happened and suggested the washer was not on properly in the first place. Hopefully this is the reason the pumps keep leaking. ie distributer is partially blocked so water does not flow as fast as it should and therefore find the weakest point to flow out off, the pump o-rings.

Has only taken 18 months to find the problem, 8 months after my guarantee has run out leaving me with a bill of £150.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back